The Ramblings of a Housecat

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Raunds Northants (My Manor!)


Miaow my little furballs,

Just a quick post today. For all of you who dont know where Raunds is, I have enclosed a map, so you can feel closer to me when reading my Blog! Raunds has a population of 8,800, most of them inbred so local folklore has it, mew!
Raunds main claim to fame besides the drunken teenagers outside the Spar, is that it held the UK official highest recorded Tempreature at 36.9c from 1911 until it was beaten by Cheltenham with 37.1C in 1990. (The current record is 38.5C recorded in Brogdale in August 2004) It is also the only place in the UK to record the Highest and lowest tempreatures any where in the UK in the same year! mew wow! The Met office station closed in the 70's, which seems so unfair, hiss! So people like me and Daddy keep the flame burning with our amatuer weather stations. Anyhoe, gotta dash folks, time to read the rain gauge, and check last nights grass minimum...Ohhh a Cat as a deputy observer! I'm so proud, miaow!

Love and purrs,

Muffin-Willow xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home