The Ramblings of a Housecat

Monday, August 21, 2006

Potato snacks


Miaow dearest, avid readers.

I'm sorry guys, but I'm on my 'High Horse' today. My regular readers will know that I am not adverse to a particular brand of 'Dehydrated, reformed potato snack' of the circular variety, I cant mention the name for fear of legal action being taken for libel or slander, but this snack bears the same brand name as a popular jumper, rhymes with Dingles, and the picture possibly may give a clue to the sharp minded!!
Imagine my joy when Donna purchased a pack of the above mentioned snack, in their new 'GOURMET' range! my mouth was drooling at the thought of Tiger Prawn and crushed Garlic flavour, Mmmmm! The packet portrayed cloves of Garlic, and a net which I presumed refered to the Tiger Prawns. I couldn't wait to be offered some, so distracted Donna with a glass of Polish Vodka and popped the pack (I really had the munchies still, following my over indulgence on the Skunk Catnip!) I crammed about 5 in my delicate mouth, waiting for Tiger Prawn and crushed Garlic to caress my taste buds.....WHAT!! darn things tasted like glorified Prawn Cocktail flavour!! not the Gourmet snack I had expected.
WELL, I read the ingredients at once, I was shocked. I wont list the full contents (you'll be reading E numbers for an hour....Miaow!) just the flavourings
3xflavour enhancers, monsodium glutamate, disodium guanylate, and disodium inosinate. Garlic flavour, onion powder, citric acid, and paprika extract. Kinda reads like the ingredient list for Prawn cocktail methinks, abeit with Garlic flavour!
If you happen to read this PROCTOR AND GAMBLE, you've just lost a loyal cat customer. Ohh and if you try to sue, dont forget I'm a cat, not a legal entity, also cats are not classed as chattles like daft dogs, so you couldn't sue my owners, as they are not responsible for me, or own me, mew,mew,mew. Well must dash guys, cos once you've popped you just cant stop!!!!

Love and purrs,

Muffin-Willow xxx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with you, they taste foul! keep up the sarcastic humour. BJW

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See in Court Kitty slander queen, luv Pringles.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home